The Coupling Card or Digital Input Converter is designed to provide an isolated DC output suitable for a PLC input from a 115 or 230 VAC signal.
The 115/230 VAC is transformed down to 24 V, rectified, filtered and zener regulated to be 24 VDC.
An LED illuminates when the output is high.
Two identical circuits are provided in one enclosure.
Specifically developed for PLC contact monitoring where 115/230 VAC is used to monitor the contact or switch.
This is useful in plants where corrosion and deposits can increase the contact or switch resistance so as to make the use of interposing relays or normal 24 VDC powered monitoring unreliable.
The Dual Digital Input Converter provides an isolated, contactless means of producing a 24 VDC PLC input from a 115/230 VAC signal.
- Two completely isolated 24 V 10 mA DC outputs.
- Input supply 115/230 VAC ±10%.
- Regulation approximately 5%.
- Output noise less than 100 mV peak to peak.
- Short circuit protection.
- LED output voltage indication.
- Operating temperature -10°C to +60°C.
- Screw terminal connections.
- Dimensions 40 x 80 x 85 mm (W x H x D).
- Contact monitoring where 115 or 230 VAC is used in the field and converted to a PLC input.
- Conversion of a 115 or 230 VAC signal to an isolated, contactless output of 24 VDC at 10 mA for corrosive environments.