This small, multi-processor, DC power transmitter is ideal for battery systems where charge/discharge monitoring is required. The device uses the voltage being monitored to power itself. The current input can be self-contained up to 15 A DC or higher using an external current shunt.The current input can be bi-polar for charging and discharging applications.
The DC Power Transmitter (DCPT) has multi-way galvanic isolation (1000 VAC) between the voltage input, the current input, the output and the communications.
The output can be analogue - current 0-20 mA, 4-20 mA or voltage 0-10 V, 0-5 V, ±10 V. Digital or pulse outputs can be provided with an opto-isolated transistor output up to 1 kHz or a relay for a pulse output. The digital output can also be configured as Power Trip/Alarm.
The facility for galvanically isolated serial communications has been included for configuration and for remote access to all the measurements and internal settings.
Serial communications option to access Input Voltage, Input Current and Output Power using simple ASCII communications.
- Input voltage range: 9 to 32 VDC.
- Current Inputs (DC): 4 – 20 mA, 0 – 20 mA, 0 -1 A, 0 - 5 A, 0-10 A, 0-15 A.
- Current Shunt Inputs (DC): 0 - 50 mV, 0 - 60 mV, 0 - 100 mV, 0 - 150 mV, 0 - 200 mV.
- Standard outputs (DIP switch selectable): 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-5 V, 0-10 V, ±10 V.
- Isolation 1000 V AC RMS – four way isolation between input, output, auxiliary power supply and comms.
- Response time approximately 100 mS or less.
- Optional filtering, selection with DIP switches – 0.1, 1, 10 and 60 seconds step responses to eliminate noise if required.
- Internal trimpot adjustment of output minimum and maximum which can be locked using DIP switch.
- Power-On/Status and Current Input LED indication.
- Multi-microprocessor based – latest architecture.
- Smart input and output calibration (re-ranging) using DIP switch, push button switch and LED (PC configuration will be available in the future).
- Linearity better than 1% of full scale.
- Auxiliary power requirement: <2 W.
- Auxiliary supply current at 12 VDC is 120 mA + Iout.
- Operating temperature -10°C to 70°C.
- DIN rail mounting, high quality, self-extinguishing polyamide enclosure.
- Screw terminal connections for wire diameter 2.5 mm2.
- Dimensions 25 x 80 x 85 mm (W x H x D).
- Approximate weight 100 g.
- Product Brochure (Coming Soon)
- Application Notes (Coming Soon)
- User Manual (Coming Soon)