The Quad Signal Converter (QSC) has been designed to provide a compact Isolation, Signal Conversion, Arithmetic Processor Unit and General I/O device for process control applications.
The QSC has four isolated inputs, four isolated analogue outputs, four relay outputs, two isolated digital inputs, RS485 (Modbus and RMF) and a USB interface for configuration.
In its simplest form this can be used as four isolated signal converters with alarm relay outputs in one DIN rail mounting module 45 mm wide.
- Four individually isolated inputs - standard types are: 0-100 mV (0-30 mV also possible), 0-1 V, 0-10 V, ±10 V, 0-100 V, 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA and loop powered 4-20 mA.
- Two inputs can be factory configured for DC or AC currents 0-1 A, 0-5 A.
- Input impedance > 100 kΩ for voltage input versions, 50 Ω for mA current inputs.
- Input and output accuracy 0.1 % of ranges. Linearity better than 0.1% of full scale, basic 12 bit accuracy (0.05%).
- Input signal status using LEDs to indicate input “normal” and high or low input levels.
- Two output versions:
- Four outputs – all four are 4-20 mA, loop powered.
- Four outputs - three of which are 4-20 mA, loop powered, one is a self-powered output: 4-20 mA, 0-10 V, ±10 V, ±5 V, 0-5 V.
- Four outputs - two of which are 4-20 mA, loop powered, two are self-powered output: 4-20 mA, 0-10 V, ±10 V, ±5 V, 0-5 V.
- Trimpot adjustment of all outputs, each output adjustment selectable using recessed push button switches.
- Inputs and outputs can be user configured and ranged using DIP switches.
- Step response around 100 mS or less.
- Four separate relay outputs, able to switch 230 VAC at 5 A. Configurable to switch on each input, can switch going high (high alarm trip) or going low (low alarm trip). Hysteresis also configurable using trimpots.
- Two opto isolated digital inputs.
- ModBus RS485 connection for integration into control systems will be provided in the future.
- Isolation between inputs, outputs, power supply, communications, digital inputs and relay outputs > 1000 V, between each input > 500 V.
- Compact, high quality, self-extinguishing polyamide enclosure. DIN rail mounting - 45 x 100 x 113 mm (width x length top to bottom x height off DIN rail).
- Up to eight four way plug-in screw terminal connections for wire diameter 2.5 mm2.
- All controls can be adjusted on-site using front panel trimpots.
- In the future the unit will be able to be completely configured using the USB connection or the RS485 interface.
- Operating temperature range -10°C to +70°C.
- Auxiliary supply 90 -250 VAC, 50 Hz (optionally 18 to 36 VDC or 9 to 18 VDC).
- Approximate weight 200 g.
- Product Brochure (Coming Soon)
- Application Notes (Coming Soon)
- User Manual (Coming Soon)