The Four Output Process Signal Splitter (FOSS) has been designed using a low-cost, powerful microprocessor which enables us to offer flexibility, reliability and accuracy at a really good price in a small package.
Using miniature DIP switches, a variety of standard inputs and outputs can be selected and with the ‘one button’ calibration, accurate operation in any configuration is assured. Having selected the required input and output ranges, these can be adjusted to be anything within the selected range using the ‘one button’ calibration.
The single set of Zero and Span trimpots is used to trim each of the four outputs using the Push Button Switch and cycling though each output. The Zero and Span can be disabled or switched to a wider adjustment range using the internal DIP switches. Filtering is also DIP switch selectable in four ranges up to 60 seconds.
An indication of the input level is provided by the Input LED and two alarm relays and LEDs can be configured to switch open or closed on rising or falling switch points.
- Standard inputs (DIP switch selectable): Current: 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, (options up to 0-15A DC).
- Voltage: 0-100 mV, 0-1 V, 0-10 V, 0-100 V, ±1 V, ±10 V, ±100 V.
- Loop powered inputs – from transducer (loop power 15V @ 22mA) - internal jumper selection.
- Standard outputs (DIP switch selectable): 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-5 V, 0-10 V, ±10 V, ±5 V. Each output can be different if required.
- Isolation >500 V DC – six-way isolation between input, all outputs, auxiliary power supply and communications (if installed).
- Response time approximately <100 mS (with filter off).
- Input signal status using single LED to indicate input “normal”, high or low input levels.
- Optional filtering, selection with DIP switches – 0.1, 1, 10 and 60 seconds step responses to eliminate noise if required.
- Trimpot adjustment of all outputs, each output adjustment selectable using recessed push button switch – zero and span which can be locked using DIP switch.
- Normal and wide trimpot adjustments selectable using DIP switch.
- Power-On (and Status) LED indication.
- Microprocessor based – latest architecture.
- Smart input and output calibration (re-ranging) using push button switch and LEDs.
- Linearity better than 0.1% of full scale, basic 12 bit accuracy (0.05%).
- Auxiliary supplies 12 VDC or 24 VDC ±10 % (must be specified with order).
- Auxiliary supply current: 12 VDC at 200mA + Iout, 24 VDC at 120mA + Iout.
- Operating temperature -10°C to 70°C.
- Input impedance > 100 kΩ for voltage input versions, 50 Ω for current inputs.
- Maximum output load resistance 470 Ω for current outputs.
- Four plug-in screw terminal connections for wire diameter 2.5 mm2.
- DIN rail mounting with flame proof, high quality enclosure - 22.5 x 100 x 113 mm (width x length top to bottom x height off DIN rail).
- Approximate weight 100 g.
- Providing isolated process signal replication.
- Suited for parallel redundant systems which use a single transmitter.
- Adding four isolated outputs with minimal effect on the existing process loop.