The Voltage Trip Unit (VTU) has been designed to monitor a power supply or battery system and to switch on or off when the voltage either goes too high or too low.
Typically, in a battery voltage monitoring application the VTU is configured as a Low Alarm and the relay is energized while the voltage is above the switching point. When the voltage falls below the switching or trip level the relay opens and then the contacts are wired to suit your alarm requirements.
In a high level monitoring application, say to avoid a supply voltage going too high and damaging equipment, the VTU is configured as a High Alarm and the relay is energized while the voltage is below the switching level.
An internal link is used to configure the VTU as either acting on a High or Low Alarm.
- Input voltage monitoring from 10 to 36 VDC.
- Isolation 2000 V AC RMS –between input and relay contacts.
- Response time approximately 10 mS.
- Front panel trimpot adjustment of switch/trip level
- Voltage Input green LED indication.
- Input voltage range from 9 to 33 VDC
- Operating temperature -10°C to 60°C.
- Relay output 10 A at 250 VAC, 10 A at 28 VDC.
- Input current approximately 25 mA at 24 VDC.
- Internal link to switch between Low and High Alarm operation.
- Relay LED indicates that the relay is ON or energized.
- Screw terminal connections for wire diameter 2.5 mm2.
- Dimensions 25 x 80 x 85 mm (W x H x D).